|Store Home Browse: Books ... Arts & Photography|
|1-10 of 1887943 Results Next|
1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts|
by Gary Chapman
- Over 11 million copies sold
- #1 New York Times Bestseller for 8 years running
- Now celebrating its 25th anniversary
Simple ideas, lasting love
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge. How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?
In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.
The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.
Includes the Couple's Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.
Amazon.com Review Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice. How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage. Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set. Features:
Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice.
How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage.
Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set.... Read more
2. Obama: An Intimate Portrait: The Historic Presidency in Photographs|
by Pete Souza
The definitive visual biography of the Obama presidency, captured in intimate and unprecedented detail by the official White House photographer.
For the past eight years, Pete Souza has been the official White House photographer, and his images have been a principal way the American public has come to know their president. Over the course of President Obama's two terms, he made nearly 2 million photographs of our commander in chief--capturing moments ranging from the classified to the disarmingly candid.
This book contains approximately 300 of Souza's favorite and most iconic images from these historic years; many have never been seen before. It is a seminal book on the Obama presidency, documenting moments of national import--including the iconic image of the president and advisors watching the Bin Laden mission--alongside unguarded moments with the president's family, with children, and with American and world leaders, artists, musicians, and other cultural figures.
... Read more
The photographs are paired with captions providing behind-the-scenes context for each, and will offer insight into the special relationship Souza and the president forged during their time together.
1. The Rise of Barack Obama
2. The Rise of Barack Obama
3. Obama: The Historic Presidency of Barack Obama - 2,920 Days
4. The President's Photographer: Fifty Years Inside the Oval Office
5. We Are the Change We Seek: The Speeches of Barack Obama
6. Front Row Seat: A Photographic Portrait of the Presidency of George W. Bush (Focus on American History Series)
7. The Clinton Years: The Photographs Of Robert Mcneely
8. Van Life: Inspiration for Your Home on the Road
9. TIME Barack Obama: Eight Years
10. She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World .
3. Black Privilege: Opportunity Comes to Those Who Create It|
by Charlamagne Tha God
A New York Times Bestseller
1. The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl
2. The Keys
3. My Voice: A Memoir
4. Empire State of Mind: How Jay Z Went from Street Corner to Corner Office, Revised Edition
5. Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America
6. I Can't Make This Up: Life Lessons
7. The Power of Broke: How Empty Pockets, a Tight Budget, and a Hunger for Success Can Become Your Greatest Competitive Advantage
8. From Niggas to Gods, Part One
9. The 48 Laws of Power
10. The Fire Next Time .
4. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing|
by Marie Kondō
This #1 New York Times best-selling guide to decluttering your home from Japanese cleaning consultant Marie Kondo takes readers step-by-step through her revolutionary KonMari Method for simplifying, organizing, and storing.
1. Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up
2. Spark Joy: An Illustrated Master Class on the Art of Organizing and Tidying Up (Random House Large Print)
3. The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck: How to Stop Spending Time You Don't Have with People You Don't Like Doing Things You Don't Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
4. Life-Changing Magic: A Journal - Spark Joy Every Day
5. Get Your Sh*t Together: How to Stop Worrying About What You Should Do So You Can Finish What You Need to Do and Start Doing What You Want to Do (A No F*cks Given Guide)
6. The Life-Changing Manga of Tidying Up: A Magical Story
7. The Art of Discarding: How to Get Rid of Clutter and Find Joy
8. The Complete Book of Home Organization
9. The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own
10. Summary: The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing: in less than 30 minutes (Marie Kondo) .
5. Hamilton: The Revolution|
by Lin-Manuel Miranda, Jeremy McCarter
Winner of the 2016 Pulitzer Prize for Drama and Eleven Tony Awards, including Best Musical
1. Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)(Explicit)(2CD)
2. Alexander Hamilton
3. Hamilton - Easy Piano
4. Hamilton - Vocal Selections
5. The Duel: The Parallel Lives of Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr
7. 499 Facts about Hip-Hop Hamilton and the Rest of America?s Founding Fathers: 499 Facts About Hop-Hop Hamilton and America’s First Leaders
8. Alexander Hamilton
9. Alex and Eliza: A Love Story
10. Hamilton 2017 Wall Calendar .
6. From Cradle to Stage: Stories from the Mothers Who Rocked and Raised Rock Stars|
by Virginia Hanlon Grohl
While the Grohl family had always been musical—the family sang together on long car trips, harmonizing to Motown and David Bowie—Virginia never expected her son to become a musician, let alone a rock star. But when she saw him perform in front of thousands of screaming fans for the first time, she knew that rock stardom was meant to be for her son. And as Virginia watched her son's star rise, she often wondered about the other mothers who raised sons and daughters who became rock stars. Were they as surprised as she was about their children's fame? Did they worry about their children's livelihood and wellbeing in an industry fraught with drugs and other dangers? Did they encourage their children's passions despite the odds against success, or attempt to dissuade them from their grandiose dreams? Do they remind their kids to pack a warm coat when they go on tour?... Read more
Virginia decided to seek out other rock star mothers to ask these questions, and so began a two-year odyssey in which she interviewed such women as Verna Griffin, Dr. Dre's mother; Marianne Stipe, Michael Stipe of REM's mother; Janis Winehouse, Amy Winehouse's mother; Patsy Noah, Adam Levine's mother; Donna Haim, mother of the Haim sisters; Hester Diamond, Mike D of The Beastie Boys' mother.
With exclusive family photographs and a foreword by Dave Grohl, From Cradle to Stage will appeal to mothers and rock fans everywhere.
1. Foo Fighters Mad Libs
2. Dave Grohl: Times Like His
3. This Is a Call: The Life and Times of Dave Grohl
4. Sonic Highways
5. Sonic Highways [Blu-ray]
6. Rush: Album by Album
7. A Life in Parts
8. Rock 'n' Roll Mad Libs
9. West Coast Town
10. Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy .
7. Portraits of Courage: A Commander in Chief's Tribute to America's Warriors|
by George W. Bush
#1 New York Times bestseller | Amazon "Best Books of the Month"
1. 41: A Portrait of My Father
2. Painting As a Pastime
3. Decision Points
4. Decision Points
5. Our Great Big Backyard
6. Old School: Life in the Sane Lane
7. Spoken from the Heart
8. Two Paths: America Divided or United
9. Sir Winston Churchill: His Life and His Paintings
10. Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World .
8. The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince|
by Mayte Garcia
INSTANT NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
1. Dig If You Will the Picture: Funk, Sex, God and Genius in the Music of Prince
2. Picturing Prince: An Intimate Portrait
3. The Rise of Prince: 1958-1988
4. Prince: The Coloring Book (Feral House Coloring Books for Adults)
5. The Beat of My Own Drum: A Memoir
6. Prince: A Private View
7. Prince: Chapter and Verse—A Life in Photographs
8. Graffiti Bridge
9. The Secrets of My Life
10. Around The World In A Day .
9. Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood|
by Trevor Noah
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • The compelling, inspiring, and comically sublime story of one man’s coming-of-age, set during the twilight of apartheid and the tumultuous days of freedom that followed
1. Revolution for Dummies: Laughing Through the Arab Spring
2. The Daily Show (The Book): An Oral History as Told by Jon Stewart, the Correspondents, Staff and Guests
3. Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis
4. A Colony in a Nation
5. The Underground Railroad (Pulitzer Prize Winner) (National Book Award Winner) (Oprah's Book Club): A Novel
6. Between the World and Me
7. Homegoing: A novel
8. I Know I Am, But What Are You?
9. A Gentleman in Moscow: A Novel
10. Master Harold and the Boys: A Play (Vintage International) .
10. Creative Lettering and Beyond: Inspiring tips, techniques, and ideas for hand lettering your way to beautiful works of art (Creative...and Beyond)|
by Gabri Joy Kirkendall, Laura Lavender, Julie Manwaring, Shauna Lynn Panczyszyn
... Read more
Creative Lettering and Beyond combines the artistic talents and inspirational tips and tutorials of several professional hand letterers and calligraphers for a dynamic and interactive learning experience. After a brief introduction to the various tools and materials, artists and lettering enthusiasts will learn how to master the art of hand lettering and typography through engaging, easy-to-follow step-by-step projects, prompts, and exercises. From the basic shape and form of letters, to cursive script, spacing, and alignment, artists will discover how to transform simple words, phrases, and quotes into beautiful works of hand-lettered art. The interactive format and step-by-step process offers inspirational instruction for a wide variety of fun projects and gift ideas, including hand-rendered phrases on paper and digitally enhanced notecards. Artists will also discover how to apply lettering to linen, coffee mugs, calendars, and more. Numerous practice pages and interactive prompts throughout the book invite readers to put their newfound lettering skills to use, as well as work out their artistic ideas. Covering a variety of styles and types of lettered art, including calligraphy, illustration, chalk lettering, and more, artists will find a plethora of exercises and tips to help them develop their own unique lettering style. With comprehensive instructions and fun, inspirational exercises and projects, Creative Lettering and Beyond is a must-have resource for anyone who wants to learn this beautiful and stylish art form.
1. Calligraphy & Hand Lettering Notepad: Over 100 Lined Practice Pages for Free Form Calligraphy & Hand Lettering (Practice Makes Perfect Series)
2. Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers, Bright, 10-Pack
3. Hand Lettering 101: An Introduction to the Art of Creative Lettering
4. Tombow Beginner Lettering Marker (56190)
5. Staedtler Calligraphy Pen Set, 33 Pieces
6. Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers, Primary, 6-Pack
7. The Complete Book of Chalk Lettering: Create and Develop Your Own Style
8. The Ultimate Brush Lettering Guide: A Complete Step-by-Step Creative Workbook to Jump Start Modern Calligraphy Skills
9. Hand-Lettering (An Interactive Guide to the Art of Drawing Letters)
10. Sheaffer Calligraphy Maxi Kit, 3 Viewpoint Fountain Pens with 3 Nib Grades, Assortment of Ink Cartridges, Tracing Pad (73404)
11. Tombow Dual Brush Pen Art Markers, Primary, 6-Pack .
|1-10 of 1887943 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net