|Store Home Browse: Books ... Health, Mind & Body|
|1-10 of 869497 Results Next|
1. Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World|
by William H. McRaven
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
1. Raising Men: Lessons Navy SEALs Learned from Their Training and Taught to Their Sons
2. The Vanishing American Adult: Our Coming-of-Age Crisis--and How to Rebuild a Culture of Self-Reliance
3. Way of the Warrior Kid: From Wimpy to Warrior the Navy SEAL Way: A Novel
4. Wait, What?: And Life's Other Essential Questions
5. Extreme Ownership: How U.S. Navy SEALs Lead and Win
6. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
7. Team of Teams: New Rules of Engagement for a Complex World
8. Analysis of William H. McRaven's Make Your Bed
9. The Ranger Way: Living the Code On and Off the Battlefield
10. The American Spirit: Who We Are and What We Stand For .
2. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life|
by Mark Manson
New York Times Bestseller
In this generation-defining self-help guide, a superstar blogger cuts through the crap to show us how to stop trying to be "positive" all the time so that we can truly become better, happier people.
For decades, we’ve been told that positive thinking is the key to a happy, rich life. "F**k positivity," Mark Manson says. "Let’s be honest, shit is f**ked and we have to live with it." In his wildly popular Internet blog, Manson doesn’t sugarcoat or equivocate. He tells it like it is—a dose of raw, refreshing, honest truth that is sorely lacking today. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is his antidote to the coddling, let’s-all-feel-good mindset that has infected modern society and spoiled a generation, rewarding them with gold medals just for showing up.
Manson makes the argument, backed both by academic research and well-timed poop jokes, that improving our lives hinges not on our ability to turn lemons into lemonade, but on learning to stomach lemons better. Human beings are flawed and limited—"not everybody can be extraordinary, there are winners and losers in society, and some of it is not fair or your fault." Manson advises us to get to know our limitations and accept them. Once we embrace our fears, faults, and uncertainties, once we stop running and avoiding and start confronting painful truths, we can begin to find the courage, perseverance, honesty, responsibility, curiosity, and forgiveness we seek.
There are only so many things we can give a f**k about so we need to figure out which ones really matter, Manson makes clear. While money is nice, caring about what you do with your life is better, because true wealth is about experience. A much-needed grab-you-by-the-shoulders-and-look-you-in-the-eye moment of real-talk, filled with entertaining stories and profane, ruthless humor, The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k is a refreshing slap for a generation to help them lead contented, grounded lives.... Read more
1. Unfu*k Yourself: Get out of your head and into your life
2. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
3. You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
4. 10-Minute Mindfulness: 71 Habits for Living in the Present Moment
5. Black Edge: Inside Information, Dirty Money, and the Quest to Bring Down the Most Wanted Man on Wall Street
6. Models: Attract Women Through Honesty
7. Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking
8. Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life...And Maybe the World
9. The Spider Network: The Wild Story of a Math Genius, a Gang of Backstabbing Bankers, and One of the Greatest Scams in Financial History
10. F*ck Feelings: One Shrink's Practical Advice for Managing All Life's Impossible Problems .
3. The Whole30: The 30-Day Guide to Total Health and Food Freedom|
by Melissa Hartwig, Dallas Hartwig
Millions of people visit Whole30.com every month and share their stories of weight loss and lifestyle makeovers. Hundreds of thousands of them have read It Starts With Food, which explains the science behind the program. At last, The Whole30 provides the step-by-step, recipe-by-recipe guidebook that will allow millions of people to experience the transformation of their entire life in just one month.... Read more
Melissa and Dallas Hartwig’s critically-acclaimed Whole30 program has helped hundreds of thousands of people transform how they think about their food, bodies, and lives. Their approach leads to effortless weight loss and better health—along with stunning improvements in sleep quality, energy levels, mood, and self-esteem. Their first book, the New York Times best-selling It Starts With Food, explained the science behind their life-changing program. Now they bring you The Whole30, a stand-alone, step-by-step plan to break unhealthy habits, reduce cravings, improve digestion, and strengthen your immune system. The Whole30 features more than 100 chef-developed recipes, like Chimichurri Beef Kabobs and Halibut with Citrus Ginger Glaze, designed to build your confidence in the kitchen and inspire your taste buds. The book also includes real-life success stories, community resources, and an extensive FAQ to give you the support you need on your journey to “food freedom.”
1. The Whole30 Cookbook: 150 Delicious and Totally Compliant Recipes to Help You Succeed with the Whole30 and Beyond
2. It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways
3. 30 Day Whole Food Slow Cooker Challenge: Whole Food Slow Cooker Recipes; Pictures, Serving, and Nutrition Facts for Every Recipe! Fast and Easy Approved Whole Foods Recipes for Weight Loss
4. Food Freedom Forever: Letting Go of Bad Habits, Guilt, and Anxiety Around Food by the Co-Creator of the Whole30
5. Whole: The 30 Day Whole Foods Challenge: Complete Cookbook of 90-AWARD WINNING Recipes Guaranteed to Lose Weight (Whole, Whole foods, 30 Day Whole ... Whole Foods Cookbook, Whole Foods Diet)
6. Clean Eating Bowls: 100 Real Food Recipes for Eating Clean
7. The 30 Day Whole Food Challenge: 180 Whole Food Recipes for YOUR Healthy Life
8. The Clean Eating Slow Cooker: A Healthy Cookbook of Wholesome Meals that Prep Fast & Cook Slow
9. 30 Day Whole Food Cookbook: Healthy and Delicious Whole Food Recipes
10. Whole Diet 30 Days: Find out your vitality with this ultimate clean-eating program for 30 days and unleash your energy (30 days whole cookbook) .
4. StrengthsFinder 2.0|
by Tom Rath
Do you have the opportunity to do what you do best every day?
1. Strengths Based Leadership: Great Leaders, Teams, and Why People Follow
2. Emotional Intelligence 2.0
3. Whose Monet: An Introduction To the American Legal System (Aspen Coursebook)
4. Expert Learning for Law Students, Second Edition
5. The Strategic School: Making the Most of People, Time, and Money (Leadership for Learning Series)
6. Essentials of Nursing Leadership & Management (Whitehead, Essentials of Nursing Leadership and Management)
7. Soar with Your Strengths: A Simple Yet Revolutionary Philosophy of Business and Management
8. How Full Is Your Bucket?
9. From Values to Action: The Four Principles of Values-Based Leadership
10. 10 Things Employers Want You to Learn in College, Revised: The Skills You Need to Succeed .
5. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life|
by Jen Sincero
The #1 New York Times Bestseller YOU ARE A BADASS IS THE SELF-HELP BOOK FOR PEOPLE WHO DESPERATELY WANT TO IMPROVE THEIR LIVES BUT DON'T WANT TO GET BUSTED DOING IT.
In this refreshingly entertaining how-to guide, #1 New York Times Bestselling
Author and world-traveling success coach, Jen Sincero, serves up 27 bite-sized chapters full of hilariously inspiring stories, sage advice, easy exercises, and the occasional swear word. If you're ready to make some serious changes around here, You Are a Badass will help you: Identify and change the self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors that stop you from getting what you want, blast past your fears so you can take big exciting risks, figure out how to make some damn money already, learn to love yourself and others, set big goals and reach them - it will basically show you how to create a life you totally love, and how to create it NOW.... Read more
By the end of You Are a Badass, you'll understand why you are how you are, how to love what you can't change, how to change what you don't love, and how to use The Force to kick some serious ass.
If you're wanting to kick some serious ass in the money department (you wanna?) and start making the kind of dinero you ain't never made before, pre-order the next book in the series that's all about your financial badassery: You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth, coming in April, 2017 from Viking Press.
1. You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth
2. Unfu*k Yourself: Get out of your head and into your life
3. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life
4. Get Over Your Damn Self: The No-BS Blueprint to Building a Life-Changing Business
5. You Are a Badass Talking Button: Five Nuggets of In-Your-Face Inspiration
6. You Are A Badass 2018 Day-to-Day Calendar
7. Girl Code: Unlocking the Secrets to Success, Sanity, and Happiness for the Female Entrepreneur
8. You Are a Badass at Making Money
9. Go Pro: 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
10. The Compound Effect .
6. Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy|
by Dr. Joseph Mercola
... Read more
For over a century, we’ve accepted the scientific consensus that cancer results from genetic disease due to chromosomal damage in cell nuclei. But what if cancer isn’t a genetic disease after all? What if scientists are chasing a flawed paradigm, and cancer isn’t a disease of damaged DNA but rather of defective metabolism as a result of mitochondrial dysfunction? What if that startling truth could revolutionize our understanding of other diseases as well—and show us a radical new path to optimal health?
In this groundbreaking guide, the first of its kind, New York Times best-selling author and leading natural-health practitioner Joseph Mercola explains how nearly all disease is caused by defective metabolic processes. Then he reveals what’s really causing your metabolism to go haywire: damage and dysfunction in the mitochondria, thousands of which are at work in nearly every cell in your body, generating 90 percent of the energy you need to stay alive and well. When mitochondria become damaged in large numbers, it is impossible to stay healthy.
Dr. Mercola shows you that you can take control of your health simply by giving your body the proper fuel—and it’s not what you’ve likely been led to believe. A ketogenic diet, very low in carbohydrates and high in healthy fats, is the way to optimize the biochemical pathways that suppress disease and support healing. And the benefits can be astonishing—not only in treating or preventing serious illness, but in boosting your brainpower, increasing your energy, helping you lose weight and keep it off, and much more.
As you read this book, you’ll learn in clear, rational terms how your body works at a molecular level. You’ll finally understand the type of fuel it’s designed to burn in the most efficient way possible. You’ll find detailed guidelines for starting and sticking with a ketogenic eating plan. And you won’t have to wait a decade or two for metabolic mitochondrial therapy to make its way into the mainstream. You can build a healthier body and brain at the cutting edge of this exciting new discipline, starting right now.
1. Effortless Healing: 9 Simple Ways to Sidestep Illness, Shed Excess Weight, and Help Your Body Fix Itself
2. Tripping over the Truth: How the Metabolic Theory of Cancer Is Overturning One of Medicine's Most Entrenched Paradigms
3. The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
4. Effortless Healing: 9 Simple Ways to Sidestep Illness, Shed Excess Weight, and Help Your Body Fix Itself
5. Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less: 100 Easy Prep-and-Cook Low-Carb Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss and Improved Health
6. Ketogenic Crockpot Recipes: Over 70+ Ketogenic Recipes, Low Carb Slow Cooker Meals, Dump Dinners Recipes, Quick & Easy Cooking Recipes, Antioxidants & ... Weight Loss Transformation Book) (Volume 100)
7. The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence
8. The Metabolic Approach to Cancer: Integrating Deep Nutrition, the Ketogenic Diet, and Nontoxic Bio-Individualized Therapies
9. Head Strong: The Bulletproof Plan to Activate Untapped Brain Energy to Work Smarter and Think Faster-in Just Two Weeks
10. The No-Grain Diet: Conquer Carbohydrate Addiction and Stay Slim for Life .
7. The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet, with More Than 125 Delectable Recipes and 5 Meal Plans to Shed Weight, Heal Your Body, and Regain Confidence|
by Leanne Vogel
Leanne Vogel, the voice behind the highly acclaimed website Healthful Pursuit, brings an entirely new approach to achieving health, healing, weight loss, and happiness through a keto-adapted lifestyle with The Keto Diet: The Complete Guide to a High-Fat Diet.
1. The Complete Ketogenic Diet for Beginners: Your Essential Guide to Living the Keto Lifestyle
2. Smackfat Ketone Strips - Perfect for Ketogenic Diet and Diabetics - Precise Ketone Measurement and Supports Ketone Adaptation, 100 Strips
3. The Wicked Good Ketogenic Diet Cookbook: Easy, Whole Food Keto Recipes for Any Budget
4. Easy Ketogenic Diet Slow Cooking: Low-Carb, High-Fat Keto Recipes That Cook Themselves
5. Keto Comfort Foods
6. Quick & Easy Ketogenic Cooking: Meal Plans and Time Saving Paleo Recipes to Inspire Health and Shed Weight
7. Bacon & Butter: The Ultimate Ketogenic Diet Cookbook
8. Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less: 100 Easy Prep-and-Cook Low-Carb Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss and Improved Health
9. Keto Clarity: Your Definitive Guide to the Benefits of a Low-Carb, High-Fat Diet
10. Ketogenic Diet : The Step by Step Guide For Beginners: Ketogenic Diet for Beginners : Optimal Path for Weight Loss .
8. The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain|
by Steven R., M.D. Gundry
“Dr. Gundry is a true trailblazer, always at the forefront of scientific knowledge. The Plant Paradox shows the world what pioneer thinking is about and is a must-read book for anyone interested in being as healthy as nature has designed them to be.” —Alejandro Junger MD, New York Times bestselling author of Clean, Clean Gut and Clean Eats
“The Plant Paradox elegantly explains how plants defend themselves from being consumed by humans, and how eating the wrong ones at the wrong times immeasurably hurts our health. An eye-opening read.” —Mehmet Oz, MD, Professor of Surgery, New York Presbyterian/Columbia University
Most of us have heard of gluten—a protein found in wheat that causes widespread inflammation in the body. Americans spend billions of dollars on gluten-free diets in an effort to protect their health. But what if we’ve been missing the root of the problem? In The Plant Paradox, renowned cardiologist Dr. Steven Gundry reveals that gluten is just one variety of a common, and highly toxic, plant-based protein called lectin. Lectins are found not only in grains like wheat but also in the “gluten-free” foods most of us commonly regard as healthy, including many fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, and conventional dairy products. These proteins, which are found in the seeds, grains, skins, rinds, and leaves of plants, are designed by nature to protect them from predators (including humans). Once ingested, they incite a kind of chemical warfare in our bodies, causing inflammatory reactions that can lead to weight gain and serious health conditions.
At his waitlist-only clinics in California, Dr. Gundry has successfully treated tens of thousands of patients suffering from autoimmune disorders, diabetes, leaky gut syndrome, heart disease, and neurodegenerative diseases with a protocol that detoxes the cells, repairs the gut, and nourishes the body. Now, in The Plant Paradox, he shares this clinically proven program with readers around the world.
The simple (and daunting) fact is, lectins are everywhere. Thankfully, Dr. Gundry offers simple hacks we easily can employ to avoid them, including:
With a full list of lectin-containing foods and simple substitutes for each, a step-by-step detox and eating plan, and delicious lectin-free recipes, The Plant Paradox illuminates the hidden dangers lurking in your salad bowl—and shows you how to eat whole foods in a whole new way.... Read more
1. Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution: Turn Off the Genes That Are Killing You and Your Waistline
2. The Essential Handbook to Lectin: The Protein Causing Inflammation, Digestive Issues, and Weight Gain
3. The Microbiome Diet: The Scientifically Proven Way to Restore Your Gut Health and Achieve Permanent Weight Loss
4. The Microbiome Cookbook: 150 Delicious Recipes to Nourish your Microbiome and Restore your Gut Health
5. Summary of Steven R. Gundry's The Plant Paradox: Key Takeaways & Analysis
6. Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution: Turn Off the Genes That Are Killing You--And Your Waistline--And Drop the Weight for Good Hardcover March 11, 2008
7. Cracking the Plant Paradox: How to Solve Natures Plant Paradox and Use it to Your Advantage
8. True Health Ultimate Lectin Defense - Natural Defense For Food Intolerance - 120 Capsules
9. The End of Alzheimer's: The First Program to Prevent and Reverse Cognitive Decline
10. Fat for Fuel: A Revolutionary Diet to Combat Cancer, Boost Brain Power, and Increase Your Energy .
9. The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book)|
by Don Miguel Ruiz, Janet Mills
In The Four Agreements, bestselling author don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, The Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love.
Amazon.com Review Sit at the foot of a native elder and listen as great wisdom of days long past is passed down. In The Four Agreements shamanic teacher and healer Don Miguel Ruiz exposes self-limiting beliefs and presents a simple yet effective code of personal conduct learned from his Toltec ancestors. Full of grace and simple truth, this handsomely designed book makes a lovely gift for anyone making an elementary change in life, and it reads in a voice that you would expect from an indigenous shaman. The four agreements are these: Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best. It's the how and why one should do these things that make The Four Agreements worth reading and remembering. --P. Randall Cohan Features:
Sit at the foot of a native elder and listen as great wisdom of days long past is passed down. In The Four Agreements shamanic teacher and healer Don Miguel Ruiz exposes self-limiting beliefs and presents a simple yet effective code of personal conduct learned from his Toltec ancestors. Full of grace and simple truth, this handsomely designed book makes a lovely gift for anyone making an elementary change in life, and it reads in a voice that you would expect from an indigenous shaman. The four agreements are these: Be impeccable with your word. Don't take anything personally. Don't make assumptions. Always do your best. It's the how and why one should do these things that make The Four Agreements worth reading and remembering. --P. Randall Cohan... Read more
10. Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association|
by American Psychological Association
The "Publication Manual" is the style manual of choice for writers, editors, students, and educators. Although it is specifically designed to help writers in the behavioral sciences and social sciences, anyone who writes non-fiction prose can benefit from its guidance. The newly-revised Sixth Edition has not only been rewritten. It has also been thoroughly rethought and reorganized, making it the most user-friendly "Publication Manual" the APA has ever produced. You will be able to find answers to your questions faster than ever before. When you need advice on how to present information, including text, data, and graphics, for publication in any type of format--such as college and university papers, professional journals, presentations for colleagues, and online publication--you will find the advice you're looking for in the "Publication Manual."... Read more
1. Apa Guidelines
2. Willard and Spackman's Occupational Therapy
3. APA: The Easy Way! [Updated for APA 6th Edition]
4. Advancing Your Career: Concepts in Professional Nursing
5. Philosophies And Theories For Advanced Nursing Practice
6. Leddy & Pepper's Conceptual Bases of Professional Nursing
7. Professional Nursing: Concepts & Challenges, 8e
8. Occupation-Based Activity Analysis
9. Research in Occupational Therapy: Methods of Inquiry for Enhancing Practice
10. Understanding Education Research: A Guide to Critical Reading .
|1-10 of 869497 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net