|Store Home Browse: Books ... Parenting & Families|
|1-10 of 306204 Results Next|
1. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts|
by Gary Chapman
- Over 11 million copies sold
- #1 New York Times Bestseller for 8 years running
- Now celebrating its 25th anniversary
Simple ideas, lasting love
Falling in love is easy. Staying in love—that’s the challenge. How can you keep your relationship fresh and growing amid the demands, conflicts, and just plain boredom of everyday life?
In the #1 New York Times bestseller The 5 Love Languages, you’ll discover the secret that has transformed millions of relationships worldwide. Whether your relationship is flourishing or failing, Dr. Gary Chapman’s proven approach to showing and receiving love will help you experience deeper and richer levels of intimacy with your partner—starting today.
The 5 Love Languages is as practical as it is insightful. Updated to reflect the complexities of relationships today, this new edition reveals intrinsic truths and applies relevant, actionable wisdom in ways that work.
Includes the Couple's Personal Profile assessment so you can discover your love language and that of your loved one.
Amazon.com Review Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice. How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage. Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set. Features:
Unhappiness in marriage often has a simple root cause: we speak different love languages, believes Dr. Gary Chapman. While working as a marriage counselor for more than 30 years, he identified five love languages: Words of Affirmation, Quality Time, Receiving Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. In a friendly, often humorous style, he unpacks each one. Some husbands or wives may crave focused attention; another needs regular praise. Gifts are highly important to one spouse, while another sees fixing a leaky faucet, ironing a shirt, or cooking a meal as filling their "love tank." Some partners might find physical touch makes them feel valued: holding hands, giving back rubs, and sexual contact. Chapman illustrates each love language with real-life examples from his counseling practice.
How do you discover your spouse’s – and your own – love language? Chapman’s short questionnaires are one of several ways to find out. Throughout the book, he also includes application questions that can be answered more extensively in the beautifully detailed companion leather journal (an exclusive Amazon.com set). Each section of the journal corresponds with a chapter from the book, offering opportunities for deeper reflection on your marriage.
Although some readers may find choosing to love a spouse that they no longer even like –hoping the feelings of affection will follow later– a difficult concept to swallow, Chapman promises that the results will be worth the effort. "Love is a choice," says Chapman. "And either partner can start the process today." --Cindy Crosby. This text refers to the Amazon.com Exclusive Journal & Paperback Book Set.... Read more
2. What to Expect When You're Expecting|
by Heidi Murkoff
A completely revised and updated edition of America’s pregnancy bible, the longest-running New York Times bestseller ever.... Read more
With 18.5 million copies in print, What to Expect When You’re Expecting is read by 93% of women who read a pregnancy book and was named one of the “Most Influential Books of the Last 25 Years” by USA Today.
This cover-to-cover (including the cover!) new edition is filled with must-have information, advice, insight, and tips for a new generation of moms and dads. With What to Expect’s trademark warmth, empathy, and humor, it answers every conceivable question expecting parents could have, including dozens of new ones based on the ever-changing pregnancy and birthing practices and choices they face. Advice for dads is fully integrated throughout the book. All medical coverage is completely updated, including the latest on Zika virus, prenatal screening, and the safety of medications during pregnancy, as well as a brand-new section on postpartum birth control. Current lifestyle trends are incorporated, too: juice bars, raw diets, e-cigarettes, push presents, baby bump posting, the lowdown on omega-3 fatty acids, grass-fed and organic, health food fads, and GMOs. Plus expanded coverage of IVF pregnancy, multiple pregnancies, breastfeeding while pregnant, water and home births, and cesarean trends (including VBACs and “gentle cesareans”).
1. The Expectant Father: The Ultimate Guide for Dads-to-Be
2. What to Expect When Your Wife Is Expanding: A Reassuring Month-by-Month Guide for the Father-to-Be, Whether He Wants Advice or Not(3rd Edition)
3. The Whole 9 Months: A Week-By-Week Pregnancy Nutrition Guide with Recipes for a Healthy Start
4. Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy: From Doctors Who Are Parents, Too!
5. What to Expect: Eating Well When You're Expecting
6. What to Expect the First Year
7. Dude, You're Gonna Be a Dad!: How to Get (Both of You) Through the Next 9 Months
8. The What to Expect Pregnancy Journal & Organizer
9. Good Dog, Happy Baby: Preparing Your Dog for the Arrival of Your Child
10. What to Eat When You're Pregnant: A Week-by-Week Guide to Support Your Health and Your Baby's Development .
3. Only Love Today: Reminders to Breathe More, Stress Less, and Choose Love|
by Rachel Macy Stafford
Only Love Today is the inspirational read from best-selling author of Hands Free Mama, Rachel Macy Stafford. Millions of Stafford’s fans from her blog and her books find hope, challenge, and inspiration through her poetic and powerful short pieces on her blog. Only Love Today brings these pieces and many new, original entries together in a beautiful book based around the four seasons. From finding daily surrender in the autumn and daily hope in the winter, to daily bloom and daily spark in the spring and summer, you will always find fresh beautiful words for your day.
With a flexible, non-dated structure, Only Love Today is perfect to pick up at any time of the year and find hope and encouragement to address your current challenge or need – family, parenting, relationships, finding peace in a stressed out world. Stafford offers you strength and vision for a new and more connected way to live. This is a timeless book of inspiration to remember and live for what really matters.... Read more
1. Hands Free Mama: A Guide to Putting Down the Phone, Burning the To-Do List, and Letting Go of Perfection to Grasp What Really Matters!
2. Hands Free Life: Nine Habits for Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, and Loving More
3. Raising Grateful Kids in an Entitled World: How One Family Learned That Saying No Can Lead to Life's Biggest Yes
4. When God Made You
5. You Matter: As Told By Charlie The Stork
6. You Are Free: Be Who You Already Are
7. For Better or for Kids: A Vow to Love Your Spouse with Kids in the House
8. Love Lives Here: Finding What You Need in a World Telling You What You Want
9. From Grouchy to Great: Finding Joy in the Journey of Motherhood
10. Zip It: The Keep It Shut 40-Day Challenge .
4. Option B: Facing Adversity, Building Resilience, and Finding Joy|
by Sheryl Sandberg, Adam Grant
From Facebook’s COO and Wharton’s top-rated professor, the #1 New York Times best-selling authors of Lean In and Originals: a powerful, inspiring, and practical book about building resilience and moving forward after life’s inevitable setbacks.
1. Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity
2. Stretch: Unlock the Power of Less -and Achieve More Than You Ever Imagined
3. Originals: How Non-Conformists Move the World
4. Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead
5. The Power of Meaning: Crafting a Life That Matters
6. Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success
7. Lean In for Graduates: With New Chapters by Experts, Including Find Your First Job, Negotiate Your Salary, and Own Who You Are
8. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance
9. Give and Take: Why Helping Others Drives Our Success
10. Awakening Compassion at Work: The Quiet Power That Elevates People and Organizations (Agency/Distributed) .
5. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk|
by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish
The ultimate “parenting bible” (The Boston Globe) with a new foreword—and available as an ebook for the first time—a timeless, beloved book on how to effectively communicate with your child from the #1 New York Times bestselling authors.
1. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind
2. No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind
3. How to Talk so Little Kids Will Listen: A Survival Guide to Life with Children Ages 2-7
4. Siblings Without Rivalry: How to Help Your Children Live Together So You Can Live Too
5. Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting
6. How to Talk So Teens Will Listen and Listen So Teens Will Talk
7. No Bad Kids: Toddler Discipline Without Shame
8. The Me, Me, Me Epidemic: A Step-by-Step Guide to Raising Capable, Grateful Kids in an Over-Entitled World
9. If I Have to Tell You One More Time...: The Revolutionary Program That Gets Your Kids To Listen Without Nagging, Remindi ng, or Yelling
10. 1-2-3 Magic: 3-Step Discipline for Calm, Effective, and Happy Parenting .
6. The Knot Ultimate Wedding Planner & Organizer [binder edition]: Worksheets, Checklists, Etiquette, Calendars, and Answers to Frequently Asked Questions|
by Carley Roney
For the first time, the go-to wedding website, The Knot, has compiled all their essential planning tools—and dozens of new ideas—into this beautiful wedding organizer. Inside you will find:
1. The Knot Book of Wedding Lists: The Ultimate Guide to the Perfect Day, Down to the Smallest Detail
2. The Groom's Instruction Manual: How to Survive and Possibly Even Enjoy the Most Bewildering Ceremony Known to Man (Owner's and Instruction Manual)
3. The Broke-Ass Bride's Wedding Guide: Hundreds of Tips and Tricks for Hitting Your Budget
4. The Everything Mother of the Bride Book: The Ultimate Wedding Planning Guide for Mom! (Everything Series)
5. The Bride-to-Be Book: A Journal of Memories From the Proposal to "I Do"
6. A Practical Wedding Planner: A Step-by-Step Guide to Creating the Wedding You Want with the Budget You've Got (without Losing Your Mind in the Process)
7. The Knot Ultimate Wedding Lookbook: More Than 1,000 Cakes, Centerpieces, Bouquets, Dresses, Decorations, and Ideas for the Perfect Day
8. The Bride's Instruction Manual: How to Survive and Possibly Even Enjoy the Biggest Day of Your Life (Owner's and Instruction Manual)
9. The Wedding Planner & Organizer
10. Emily Post's Wedding Etiquette .
7. Scared Selfless: My Journey from Abuse and Madness to Surviving and Thriving|
by Michelle Stevens PhD
“A riveting memoir that takes readers on a roller coaster ride from the depths of hell to triumphant success.”—Dave Pelzer, author of A Child Called “It”
1. Why Me?
2. Spilled Milk: Based on a true story
3. Call Me Tuesday
4. A Child Called It: One Child's Courage to Survive
5. The Kurim Case: A Terrifying True Story of Child Abuse, Cults & Cannibalism (True Crime)
6. The Most Beautiful: My Life with Prince
7. Tears of the Silenced: A true crime and an American tragedy; severe child abuse and leaving the Amish
8. The New Old Me: My Late-Life Reinvention
9. Etched in Sand: A True Story of Five Siblings Who Survived an Unspeakable Childhood on Long Island
10. Good Grief: Heal Your Soul, Honor Your Loved Ones, and Learn to Live Again .
8. Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons|
by Siegfried Engelmann, Phyllis Haddox, Elaine Bruner
Is your child halfway through first grade and still unable to read? Is your preschooler bored with coloring and ready for reading? Do you want to help your child read, but are afraid you'll do something wrong?
SRAs DISTAR® is the most successful beginning reading program available to schools across the country. Research has proven that children taught by the DISTAR® method outperform their peers who receive instruction from other programs. Now for the first time, this program has been adapted for parent and child to use at home. Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons is a complete, step-by-step program that shows patents simply and clearly how to teach their children to read.
Twenty minutes a day is all you need, and within 100 teaching days your child will be reading on a solid second-grade reading level. It's a sensible, easy-to-follow, and enjoyable way to help your child gain the essential skills of reading. Everything you need is here -- no paste, no scissors, no flash cards, no complicated directions -- just you and your child learning together. One hundred lessons, fully illustrated and color-coded for clarity, give your child the basic and more advanced skills needed to become a good reader.
Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons will bring you and your child closer together, while giving your child the reading skills needed now, for a better chance at tomorrow.... Read more
1. Phonics for Kindergarten, Grade K (Home Workbook)
2. 100 Words Kids Need to Read by 1st Grade: Sight Word Practice to Build Strong Readers
3. Bob Books, Set 1: Beginning Readers
4. The Reading Lesson: Teach Your Child to Read in 20 Easy Lessons
5. 100 Write-and-Learn Sight Word Practice Pages: Engaging Reproducible Activity Pages That Help Kids Recognize, Write, and Really LEARN the Top 100 High-Frequency Words That are Key to Reading Success
6. Sight Words Flash Cards
7. First Little Readers Parent Pack: Guided Reading Level A: 25 Irresistible Books That Are Just the Right Level for Beginning Readers
8. Handwriting: Printing Workbook (Brighter Child: Grades K-2)
9. Phonics Made Easy Flash Cards
10. Phonics Flash Cards (Brighter Child Flash Cards) .
9. Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, Second Edition (Business Books)|
by Kerry Patterson, Joseph Grenny, Ron McMillan, Al Switzler
The New York Times and Washington Post bestseller that changed the way millions communicate
“[Crucial Conversations] draws our attention to those defining moments that literally shape our lives, our relationships, and our world. . . . This book deserves to take its place as one of the key thought leadership contributions of our time.”
“The quality of your life comes out of the quality of your dialogues and conversations. Here’s how to instantly uplift your crucial conversations.”
The first edition of Crucial Conversations exploded onto the scene and revolutionized the way millions of people communicate when stakes are high. This new edition gives you the tools to:
1. Crucial Accountability: Tools for Resolving Violated Expectations, Broken Commitments, and Bad Behavior, Second Edition ( Paperback)
2. Influencer: The New Science of Leading Change, Second Edition
3. Crucial Confrontations: Tools for Resolving Broken Promises, Violated Expectations, and Bad Behavior
4. Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
5. Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most
6. The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
7. The SPEED of TRUST: The One Thing That Changes Everything
8. How to Win Friends & Influence People
9. Teams That Thrive: Five Disciplines of Collaborative Church Leadership
10. Fierce Leadership: A Bold Alternative to the Worst "Best" Practices of Business Today .
10. The Whole-Brain Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind|
by Daniel J. Siegel, Tina Payne Bryson
NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER
1. No-Drama Discipline: The Whole-Brain Way to Calm the Chaos and Nurture Your Child's Developing Mind
2. How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk
3. The Whole-Brain Child Workbook: Practical Exercises, Worksheets and Activities to Nurture Developing Minds
4. Parenting from the Inside Out: How a Deeper Self-Understanding Can Help You Raise Children Who Thrive: 10th Anniversary Edition
5. No-Drama Discipline Workbook: Exercises, Activities, and Practical Strategies to Calm The Chaos and Nurture Developing Minds
6. Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain
7. The Connected Child: Bring hope and healing to your adoptive family
8. The Happiest Toddler on the Block: How to Eliminate Tantrums and Raise a Patient, Respectful, and Cooperative One- to Four-Year-Old: Revised Edition
9. Brain Rules for Baby (Updated and Expanded): How to Raise a Smart and Happy Child from Zero to Five
10. Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids: How to Stop Yelling and Start Connecting .
|1-10 of 306204 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net