|Store Home Browse: Books ... Sports|
|1-10 of 324771 Results Next|
1. The Stranger in the Woods: The Extraordinary Story of the Last True Hermit|
by Michael Finkel
Many people dream of escaping modern life, but most will never act on it. This is the remarkable true story of a man who lived alone in the woods of Maine for 27 years, making this dream a reality—not out of anger at the world, but simply because he preferred to live on his own.
1. Open Season: True Stories of the Maine Warden Service
2. The Death and Life of the Great Lakes
3. Winds of Skilak: A Tale of True Grit, True Love and Survival in the Alaskan Wilderness
4. A Widow's Walk Off-Grid to Self-Reliance: An inspiring, true story of Courage and Determination
5. True Story tie-in edition: Murder, Memoir, Mea Culpa
6. The Final Frontiersman: Heimo Korth and His Family, Alone in Alaska's Arctic Wilderness
7. The Axeman of New Orleans: The True Story
8. Exit West: A Novel
9. Solitude: In Pursuit of a Singular Life in a Crowded World
10. Lost on a Mountain in Maine .
2. Atlas Obscura: An Explorer's Guide to the World's Hidden Wonders|
by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras, Ella Morton
It's time to get off the beaten path. Inspiring equal parts wonder and wanderlust, Atlas Obscura celebrates over 700 of the strangest and most curious places in the world.... Read more
Talk about a bucket list: here are natural wonders—the dazzling glowworm caves in New Zealand, or a baobob tree in South Africa that's so large it has a pub inside where 15 people can drink comfortably. Architectural marvels, including the M.C. Escher-like stepwells in India. Mind-boggling events, like the Baby Jumping Festival in Spain, where men dressed as devils literally vault over rows of squirming infants. Not to mention the Great Stalacpipe Organ in Virginia, Turkmenistan's 40-year hole of fire called the Gates of Hell, a graveyard for decommissioned ships on the coast of Bangladesh, eccentric bone museums in Italy, or a weather-forecasting invention that was powered by leeches, still on display in Devon, England.
Created by Joshua Foer, Dylan Thuras and Ella Morton, ATLAS OBSCURA revels in the weird, the unexpected, the overlooked, the hidden and the mysterious. Every page expands our sense of how strange and marvelous the world really is. And with its compelling descriptions, hundreds of photographs, surprising charts, maps for every region of the world, it is a book to enter anywhere, and will be as appealing to the armchair traveler as the die-hard adventurer.
Anyone can be a tourist. ATLAS OBSCURA is for the explorer.
1. Atlas of Improbable Places: A Journey to the World's Most Unusual Corners
2. What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions
3. Atlas of Cursed Places: A Travel Guide to Dangerous and Frightful Destinations
4. Thing Explainer: Complicated Stuff in Simple Words
5. National Geographic Infographics
6. A Burglar's Guide to the City
7. Tales from the Loop
8. Things from the Flood
9. Roadfood, 10th Edition: An Eater's Guide to More Than 1,000 of the Best Local Hot Spots and Hidden Gems Across America
10. Overview: A New Perspective of Earth .
3. Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike|
by Phil Knight
In this candid and riveting memoir, for the first time ever, Nike founder and board chairman Phil Knight shares the inside story of the company’s early days as an intrepid start-up and its evolution into one of the world’s most iconic, game-changing, and profitable brands.
1. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
2. The Myth of the Strong Leader: Political Leadership in the Modern Age
3. The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
4. The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the Age of Amazon
5. String Theory: David Foster Wallace on Tennis: A Library of America Special Publication
6. Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future
7. Chaos Monkeys: Obscene Fortune and Random Failure in Silicon Valley
8. The Gene: An Intimate History
9. The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There Are No Easy Answers
10. Sam Walton: Made In America .
4. The 1997 Masters: My Story|
by Tiger Woods
To mark the twentieth anniversary of his historic win at the 1997 Masters, Tiger Woods will for the first time reflect on the record-setting win both on and off the course.
In 1997, Tiger Woods was already among the most-watched and closely examined athletes in history. But it wasn't until the Masters Tournament that his career would definitively change forever. Woods, then only 21, won the Masters by a historic 12 shots, which remains the widest margin of victory in the tournament's history, making it an iconic moment for him and sports.
Now, 20 years later, Woods is ready to explore his history with the game, how it has changed over the years, and what it was like winning such an important event. With never-before-heard stories, this book will provide keen insight from one of the game's all-time greats.
... Read more
1. A Life Well Played: My Stories
2. Men in Green
3. The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods
4. Gary Player's Black Book: 60 Tips on Golf, Business, and Life from the Black Knight
5. How I Play Golf
6. The Anatomy of Greatness: Lessons from the Best Golf Swings in History
7. Tour Mentality: Inside the Mind of a Tour Pro
8. The Match: The Day the Game of Golf Changed Forever
9. The Big Miss: My Years Coaching Tiger Woods
10. The MindSide Manifesto: The Urgency to Create a Competitive Mindset .
5. Conscious Coaching: The Art and Science of Building Buy-In|
by Brett Bartholomew
In the world of strength and conditioning, learning how to move others—not just physically, but also psychologically and emotionally—is paramount to getting the most out of them. People are the ultimate performance variable, and understanding how to effectively blend knowledge of proper training with the nuances of human behavior is integral to helping athletes achieve their ultimate goals. Unfortunately, while much attention has been given to the science of physical training, little attention has been given to the science of communication. Conscious Coaching: The Art and Science of Building Buy-In bridges this gap. Readers learn the foundational principles of improving relationships, enhancing engagement, and gaining the trust of athletes through targeted communication. And, every bit as important, readers also learn concrete strategies to apply these principles in day-to-day coaching situations they will inevitably encounter. The result is a game-changing book that sets the stage for coaches to create a culture of success not only within sport, but also beyond. Conscious Coaching is a movement and its time has come.... Read more
1. New Functional Training for Sports 2nd Edition
2. Every Day Is Game Day: Train Like the Pros With a No-Holds-Barred Exercise and Nutrition Plan for Peak Performance
3. CEO Strength Coach
4. Triphasic Training: A systematic approach to elite speed and explosive strength performance (Volume 1)
5. The Squat Bible: The Ultimate Guide to Mastering the Squat and Finding Your True Strength
6. Periodization Training for Sports-3rd Edition
7. Speed is What We Need
8. The Brain Always Wins: Improving Your Life Through Better Brain Management
9. Peak Performance: Elevate Your Game, Avoid Burnout, and Thrive with the New Science of Success
10. The Sports Gene: Inside the Science of Extraordinary Athletic Performance .
6. The Cubs Way: The Zen of Building the Best Team in Baseball and Breaking the Curse|
by Tom Verducci
With inside access and reporting, Sports Illustrated senior baseball writer and FOX Sports analyst Tom Verducci reveals how Theo Epstein and Joe Maddon built, led, and inspired the Chicago Cubs team that broke the longest championship drought in sports, chronicling their epic journey to become World Series champions.
1. The Plan: Epstein, Maddon, and the Audacious Blueprint for a Cubs Dynasty
2. Teammate: My Journey in Baseball and a World Series for the Ages
3. Chicago Cubs: A Win for the Ages: The Definitive Photographic Keepsake
4. Smart Baseball: The Story Behind the Old Stats That Are Ruining the Game, the New Ones That Are Running It, and the Right Way to Think About Baseball
5. Leo Durocher: Baseball's Prodigal Son
6. 2016 World Series Champions: The Chicago Cubs COMBO [Blu-ray]
7. A Nice Little Place on the North Side: A History of Triumph, Mostly Defeat, and Incurable Hope at Wrigley Field
8. Sports Illustrated Chicago Cubs 2016 World Series Champions Commemorative Issue - Team Celebration Cover: Cubs Win!
9. Dynastic, Bombastic, Fantastic: Reggie, Rollie, Catfish, and Charlie Finley's Swingin' A's
10. The Chicago Tribune Book of the Chicago Cubs: A Decade-By-Decade History .
7. National Geographic The Photo Ark: One Man's Quest to Document the World's Animals|
by Joel Sartore
This lush book of photography represents National Geographic's Photo Ark, a major cross-platform initiative and lifelong project by photographer Joel Sartore to make portraits of the world's animals—especially those that are endangered. His powerful message, conveyed with humor, compassion, and art: to know these animals is to save them.
1. Rare: Portraits of America's Endangered Species
2. Animal Ark: Celebrating our Wild World in Poetry and Pictures (National Geographic Kids)
3. National Geographic Rarely Seen: Photographs of the Extraordinary
4. Why We March: Signs of Protest and Hope--Voices from the Women's March
5. Rabbit Cake
6. National Geographic Photo Ark Perpetual Calendar
7. My Favorite Thing Is Monsters
8. The Book of Polly: A Novel
9. Shoot Like a Girl: One Woman's Dramatic Fight in Afghanistan and on the Home Front
10. Destinations of a Lifetime: 225 of the World's Most Amazing Places .
8. Becoming a Supple Leopard 2nd Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Resolving Pain, Preventing Injury, and Optimizing Athletic Performance|
by Kelly Starrett, Glen Cordoza
Updated and expanded with more than 80 pages of new content!
1. Deskbound: Standing Up to a Sitting World
2. Ready to Run: Unlocking Your Potential to Run Naturally
3. Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, 3rd edition
4. WODFitters Floss Bands for Muscle Compression Tack & Flossing, Mobility & Recovery WODs - 2 Pack with Carrying Case (Black - Red Combo, 2 Pack)
5. Olympic Weightlifting: A Complete Guide for Athletes & Coaches
6. Practical Programming for Strength Training
7. Massage Ball Set - Includes 5" Deep Tissue Massage Ball and Peanut Double Lacrosse Ball - for Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release, Muscle Knots, Yoga, Crossfit, Self Massage, and Mobility WOD
8. Muscle Floss Band by WOD Nation - Recovery Bands for Tack and Flossing Sore Muscles and Increasing Mobility - Stretch Band Includes Carrying Case (1 Black & 1 Red)
9. Power Speed ENDURANCE: A Skill-Based Approach to Endurance Training
10. Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength (Second Edition) .
9. Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival|
by Dave Canterbury
A New York Times Bestseller in Sports and Travel!
1. The Bushcraft Field Guide to Trapping, Gathering, and Cooking in the Wild
2. Advanced Bushcraft: An Expert Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival
3. 100 Deadly Skills: Survival Edition: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Surviving in the Wild and Being Prepared for Any Disaster
4. 100 Deadly Skills: The SEAL Operative's Guide to Eluding Pursuers, Evading Capture, and Surviving Any Dangerous Situation
5. Edible Wild Plants: Eastern/Central North America (Peterson Field Guides)
6. Shelters, Shacks, and Shanties: The Classic Guide to Building Wilderness Shelters (Dover Books on Architecture)
7. SAS Survival Guide 2E (Collins Gem): For any climate, for any situation
8. SAS Survival Handbook, Third Edition: The Ultimate Guide to Surviving Anywhere
9. Bushcraft First Aid: A Field Guide to Wilderness Emergency Care
10. Edible Wild Plants: A North American Field Guide to Over 200 Natural Foods .
10. Strong Is the New Pretty: A Celebration of Girls Being Themselves|
by Kate T. Parker
Girls being fearless. Girls being silly. Girls being wild, stubborn, and proud. Girls whose faces are smeared with dirt and lit up with joy. So simple and yet so powerful, Strong Is the New Pretty celebrates, through more than 175 memorable photographs, the strength and spirit of girls being 100% themselves.... Read more
Real beauty isn’t about being a certain size, acting a certain way, wearing the right clothes, or having your hair done (or even brushed). Real beauty is about being your authentic self and owning it. Kate T. Parker is a professional photographer who finds the real beauty in girls, capturing it for all the world to see in candid and arresting images.
A celebration, a catalog of spirit in words and smiles, an affirmation of the fact that it’s what’s inside you that counts, Strong Is the New Pretty conveys a powerful message for every girl, for every mother and father of a girl, for every coach and mentor and teacher, for everyone in the village that it takes to raise a strong and self-confident person.
1. Strong Is the New Pretty Wall Calendar 2018
2. Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World
3. Rad American Women A-Z: Rebels, Trailblazers, and Visionaries who Shaped Our History . . . and Our Future! (City Lights/Sister Spit)
4. Girls Think of Everything: Stories of Ingenious Inventions by Women
5. Rad Women Worldwide: Artists and Athletes, Pirates and Punks, and Other Revolutionaries Who Shaped History
6. I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark
7. Good Night Stories for Rebel Girls
8. The Boy Who Cried Fabulous
9. Lena Likes Lizards
10. Grace for President .
|1-10 of 324771 Results Next|
Questions on ordering or shipping? click here for help.
Copyright © 1998-2007 geometry.net